I’d like to apologize for missing last Thursday’s post. I could have gotten it done, but things were a little full up and I had to make some choices, and I chose to let it slide. I’m not sure that was the best course of action. A commitment is a commitment, right? I’ll do better.
On the up side, my daughter turned twenty-five years old, and we did spend a little time in video chatting, so that was cool.
Anyway, I thought I’d tell you about my Saturday. In bullet points. Sort of a listicle. Did you know that “listicle” is a new word? It means an article that consists of pretty much just a list. “Twenty-Five Rising Young Stars” or “Top Ten New Words I Didn’t Know Were Words.”
I love language evolution. But that’s the etymology/grammarian nerd geek coming out.
Anyway, my Saturday.
- With half a dozen friends, reorganized the storage shed at the community theater. Threw away a boatload of stuff we don’t need, which is always a satisfactory experience.
- Did some self-study in Spanish. I’ve decided I want to dust off my Spanish skills and become a little more proficient at it. If I need to tell somebody en español that ducks don’t eat oranges, I’m all set.
- Took my son to his basketball game.
- Stopped by the church and did a few chores, mostly relating to leading the children’s worship time on Sunday. Copied some coloring pages.
- Did recycling and composting and some yard clean up.
- Assembled a new footstool from Wal-Mart. Thirty second chore.
- Went through a bunch of paperwork and was able to recycle a bunch of stuff Again, a very satisfactory experience, and it’s nice to be able to walk away from a shelf that looks much neater.
- Played some Lego Batman on the Wii.
- What? I happen to like Lego Batman. I never claimed to have grown up.
- Played cards with my wife.
- Had a good conversation with my daughter.
- Did a little writing and Facebooking and emailing, and this post.
- Reset a bunch of clocks and my watch. Daylight savings time starts tomorrow. Whee! (Yesterday by the time you read this.)
- Fed the cat.
- Had my daughter’s chinchilla run its exercise ball over my foot. That was kind of weird.
- Bought milk at the grocery store and was able to get a lot of empty cardboard boxes for our church’s food pantry at the same time. Serendipitous.
- Knocked on the neighbor’s door to check on him, but he wasn’t home. Poor fellow. Elderly man whose wife quite recently passed away. I think he might be staying with his family for the weekend, which is nice. I’ll try him again later.
- Took a shower, ate, various other odds and ends. Nothing else substantive comes to mind.
Hope all’s well out there, friends, and God bless.